Thu, May 16|
Polish Friendship ZGODA Society
SE™ Master Class: Eye of the Needle (EOTN) - Part 1
EOTN two-part series addresses how to apply Somatic Experiencing® (SE™) principles to a variety of near-death experiences.
Time & Location
May 16, 2024, 10:00 AM PDT – May 20, 2024, 6:00 PM PDT
Polish Friendship ZGODA Society , 4015 Fraser St, Vancouver, BC V5V 2E1, Canada
About the event
Ergos Institute SE™ Faculty Ian Macnaughton, PhD & Joshua Sylvae, PhD
In partnership with Ergos Institute, we are pleased to offer this amazing Somatic Experiencing® (SE™) Master Class in Vancouver, featuring Ergos Faculty Dr Ian Macnaughton and Dr Joshua Sylvae. Ian and Joshua have been mentoring under Peter A Levine, PhD to teach SE Master Classes so that post-advanced work can spread to new areas and continue as his teaching slows. Information about Ian and Joshua is included and provides a glimpse into the depth of knowledge and experience they have. We are so excited to welcome Ian and Joshua for EOTN-I in Vancouver, Canada!
All trauma involves an encounter with threat and, hence, a touch with death. However, some individuals actually experience states of death from which they are revived. In fact, some of the deepest and seemingly most intractable trauma symptoms occur with clients who become “stuck” in these profoundly altered states of consciousness that emerged out of a near-death experience (NDE).
Every year, in the USA alone, over 50 million people undergo surgery and other invasive medical procedures, often with powerful dissociative and amnesic agents. Many individuals experience partial (or full) awakening during these procedures. These terrifying ordeals can create ruptures deep in consciousness; these often go far beyond our conscious/verbal capacity, making these traumas difficult to access and heal.
According to the Near Death Experience Research Foundation, 774 varied NDEs occur every day. Often debilitating, these same near-death experiences hold the extraordinary potential for deep, positive, and enduring personal and spiritual transformation if they receive proper guidance and support.
Dr Levine’s EOTN two-part series addresses how to apply SE principles to a variety of near-death experiences, including but not limited to: drowning, vehicular accidents, physical attacks, illness, and surgery. SE techniques applicable to a wide variety of traumatic experiences are not always sufficient to treat trauma related to NDEs, and Eye of the Needle work is vital to complex cases demanding the most dedicated and skilled practitioners of SE.
EOTN I & II Learning Objectives:
- Cultivate and refine perceptual skills and practical tools.
- Track autonomic nervous system shifts.
- Develop theoretical and practical frameworks to access dissociated and dislocated altered states of consciousness and liberate problematic fixations.
- Practice the skills needed to weave dislocated conscious (and unconscious) states together and then move through the shock core.
- Identify surgical trauma symptoms and partial awakening states from anaesthesia.
- Alternate approaches to working with different types of anaesthesia.
- Using SE, recommend proper pain management and anaesthesia protocol for reducing the chances of trauma related to surgery.
- Explore working with post ICU debilitation.
- Resolve difficult somatic symptoms by working with NDEs.
- Interact with the mythopoetic plane.
- Enable authentic spiritual experiences, including NDEs.
- Learn how to take a client intake from an individual with possible unprocessed NDE states and/or anaesthesia trauma.
This SE Master Class Includes:
- Didactic Lecture with Q&A
- In-depth demonstration client sessions with extensive debrief
- Supervised triad practice and table touch work
- 2 SEI Case Consultation Faculty Supervision Credits
- Master Level Assistants will be offering private sessions for SEI credit (not included in cost)
- Scroll down to learn about client demonstration opportunities
- This class does not include personal work with Dr Levine
Dates: Thursday, May 16 - Monday, May 20, 2024
Prerequisites: SEI Advanced I and above.
The Training is being held In-Person at the Polish Community Centre
RSVP to register your seat
Price: $1,239.00 CAD ($1180.00 + GST $59.00)
E-transfer payment to email@example.com
To pay by credit card, call Helena @ 778-888-7722
Mail cheque to: #810-1199 West Pender St. Vancouver, BC, V6E 2R1
Daily Schedule (Subject to change):
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Lunch
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
SE™ Ergos Faculty:
Dr Ian Macnaughton MBA, PhD, FEA, SEP
Ian Macnaughton has been a teacher and practitioner of trauma resolution, mind-body and family systems psychotherapy for 50 years and is a Bodynamic Analyst and trainer. He has worked with Somatic Experiencing since the early 70s and is Ergos Faculty for the Institute of Somatic Education. His practice includes a high percentage of executives, medical practitioners, therapists and others in the helping professions both for psychotherapy and supervision. He maintains an ongoing training group for clinical practitioners, as well as delivering public workshops for helping professionals.
Dr Joshua Sylvae PhD, SEP
Joshua’s workshops and classes are popular with psychotherapists, healers, and individuals interested in personal and societal transformation. He lectures widely on somatic psychotherapy, weaving the practice of body-oriented healing together with neuroscience, spirituality, and human ecology. He has a particular interest in fostering the growth and health of movements for social change, groups and individuals actively engaged in the campaign for ecological and social justice, and is passionate about fostering a new model of human relationships with the Earth and with each other.